Wednesday, August 17, 2016

5 Minutes With Jesus by Sheila Walsh - REVIEW

I got this book absolutely free from NetGalley.com in exchange for the honest review you're reading now!

This is the kind of devotional I'm used to. It's not a single Bible verse followed by a couple paragraphs describing the meaning of a verse, followed by a pre-made prayer. Instead, each devotional within this book contains a personal story or retelling of a Biblical story and a small list of verses pertaining to the story they proceeded.  Each story has a wonderful lesson to learn and the Bible verses are always relevant.

What really got me was the personal stories. I was in tears quite often because I relate so well. Sheila Walsh has found messages from God in her everyday experiences and what a wonderful thing that is! I won't spoil any of the book for you, but I will tell you that I found many life-changing messages. One in particular, has extremely impacted my out-look on life for the better. I can't think the wonderful Sheila Walsh enough for writing such a life-changing book. I enjoyed it immensely.

I will tell you that although each devotional has it's own topic, the book is not set on one topic. For me, that was great because I was getting a new message with every devotional, but if you're looking on an intensive study on one topic, this is not it. This isn't a bad thing. Like I said, I enjoyed the diversity in messages within the book.

5 Minutes with Jesus by Sheila Walsh gets 5 out of 5 stars from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment